St. Petersburg is one of the popular towns in Russia. It is the second-largest city and also the cultural hub of Russia. It has got many museums, cathedrals, and monuments. The city has been built by a combination of French and Italian architecture. It has got much historical significance. The city has many places to explore. It may take some weeks to months to explore all the attractions in this city. Some of the St Petersburg tours have been listed below.
Some of the tourist attraction of St Petersburg
- The Hermitage: One can find century-old European fine art, a lager collection of Roman and Greek antiques, here.
- Mariinsky Theatre: This is a venue for opera, ballet, and orchestral music. The visitors also enjoy the nice interior, the ballet performance, and the rich atmosphere.
- River and canal tour in St Petersburg: If someone is visiting St. Petersburg from May to October, then they can explore the city by taking the boat, or any evening cruise. This is one of the best ways to see the city from a different angle. There are many rivers and canals are there in the city. Among them, the Neva river is the main one.
- Peterhof: This is a classy grand palace with an amazing collection of fountains that are fully operative.
- St.Isaac’s Colonnade and Cathedral: This is the city’s most religious building. It took nearly 40 years to build this cathedral. From the top of the cathedral, one can enjoy a beautiful view of the city.
The best time to visit this place is from mid-June to September. Here the summer is short and warm and winter is moderately cool and longer. The musical life of this city is diverse and rich. Every year the city organizes a lot of shows, competitions of culture, and art. It has been enlisted in the UNESCO world heritage list for its enriched history, culture, and art. It is home to 200 museums. These museums provide a picture of Soviet society. Some popular museums include Artillery Museum, Errata Museum of Contemporary Art, Suvorov Museum, Central Soil Museum, the Russian Railway Museum, and Paul Fortress. This city is cheaper as compared to Moscow. This city is quite safe for travellers to travel day and night. But like any other new place, travellers must be aware of their surroundings always.